January 11, 2010

You call this music?

I don't know why Disney had to get involved in music, they should have just stuck to cartoons and theme parks. I can't stand any of Disney's latest round of pop sensations, such as the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. I understand that I'm not the target audience for this music, but I still get bombarded with it from every direction. I don't mind if people like it, they have a right to. I just don't appreciate having it drilled into my brain every time I turn on the radio and TV.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the music was actually the brainchild of the artists themselves, but it isn't. They are singing songs that were written for them by other songwriters and approved by Disney (Since they are "Disney representatives" and every aspect of their lives is closely monitored).  Also the fanaticism of the people that listen to them gets on my nerves.  I just can't understand why these little girls are freaking out over these guys that have mediocre voices and a serious lack of talent with their instruments.  To each their own, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I feel like they are just little robots that do exactly as they're told and sing what they are told to sing. I can see why younger kids would like them though, just because they grew up with them on the disney channel and they feel like they can relate to them as artists. Maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with this post. I hate it when artists can't write their own lyrics also. I mean, if you are taking the effort to write lyrics, I feel like it puts a lot more meaning and personality in your music in general.

    ReplyDelete